3.3.2017

Tangled

I'm tired of you
I'm tired of these thoughts about you
about us, about me
that keep circling my brain
like a hunter its prey

You still show the way
my heart was not suppose to go

It took a leap of faith
and ended up losing its independence
the second it was caught in your web
of ignorance and silence

The sweet bliss you knitted around us
while I got tangled

You still pull the strings
create new loops
even when I can't think about you
when my memories have an empty space
where you used to be

Somehow you still guide my thoughts
during nights like this
when I think you are in the neverending past
and that you can't break free from it
Forgotten forevermore

I can't remember your smile
your manners
but your voice still echoes
around me, inside me
like a doomed ghost
looking for the final place to rest

I don't know how to silence you
without breaking my own promises

[02/17]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti